Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Instrumental Music in the Church, introduction.

I am and maybe always will be shocked as to why so many in the church of Christ want to change the way we "sing and make melody" in our hearts. I have as of late seen new ways to introduce the instrument into worshipping God. I have always heard the attempts of using Old Testament passages to "prove" we can use instruments. But now progressives want to redefine the words found in scripture. They are wanting all of us to believe that the words "psalms," and "sing and make melody" do not mean the same anymore. I for one, can only look to those men whom have studied the original language and know the true meanings of these words. My plan, Lord willing, is to bring to light some of these re-definitions. But let me point out one clear point. We cannot let those that want to bring the instrument into the church define the terms of this discussion. If we do then we lose the discussion. God will provide the answers in His word. I must let His word be my instruction and follow it no matter what I feel to be right or wrong. May God's blessings be upon us as we start this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment